Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has officially begun.



I picked up the Thanksgiving turkey about an hour ago from Mom's Organic Market. This year I will enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday meal with friends and family visiting from near and far. On our table will be a golden turkey smoked on the Weber kettle grill, candied sweets, delicious custard-y macaroni & cheese, seasoned green beans, cranberry sauce, and the best cornbread dressing in the world (It's my Great Grandma's recipe).

What are your Thanksgiving plans?  
Will you travel? Do you eat turkey or some other selection?

I have a friend dining with me who is vegan. There will be plenty of vegan options for her, I'm still working on that portion of the meal. I almost bought her this vegan pie but she sent me a text saying she made homemade (vegan) apple strudel to bring for dessert.

Organic Apple pie vegan spelt crust

Homemade vegan Apple Strudel


Chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds wonderful! have a lovely time with friends and family. :)
    I came here from NabloPoMo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a lovely time as well. Thank you for stopping by and reading and commenting.

      Peace,
      food chick

      Delete

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.