Wednesday, November 13, 2013

5 things in my fridge



#NaBloPoMo Prompt:
Name 5 things inside your refrigerator right now
and how you feel about them.

1. Evaporated milk. I use this primarily in my coffee and tea, like you would cream. When I make omelets I add a dash to make fluffy omelets. Do you know what evaporated is? Evaporated milk is created by removing about 60 percent of the water from ordinary milk. I use whole milk evaporated milk. Tip: English Breakfast tea with a 2 teaspoons of evaporated milk and one half teaspoon of raw sugar is a pleasant cup of tea.


2. D'Noir prunes. Forget raisins...THIS is nature's candy. I love the taste of these prunes! They are so fresh, and sweet. I eat 3 - 5 of these most every day.

3. Mushrooms. I eat A LOT of mushrooms--crimini, white, baby bella, shitake. There are shitake and white mushrooms in the refrigerator now and I just finished the crimini mushrooms at lunch. I enjoy mushrooms in eggs, sauteed with onions in garlic and butter, raw and on a salad, and raw for snacking.

4. and 5. Apples and sauerkraut. Apples and sauerkraut is a salad I discovered while doing the Dr. Oz 48-hour cleanse. It quickly became a regular part of my diet and I have this for a snack pretty much everyday, when I have apples. I try to always have apples. Honeycrisp and Braeburns are the best choice because they are firm apples with a slightly sweet-tart taste. This balances well with the pungent, sour taste of Bubbies sauerkraut.



Chow!
food chick


~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.