Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Corduroy Restaurant

Corduroy Restaurant

1122 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001  (202) 589-0699
http://www.corduroydc.com/


Quality dining, not pretentious

I dined at Corduroy, on my birthday, which was November 3. It was fate because November 3, 2013 was a Sunday. Corduroy is normally closed on Sundays. Lucky me!

Pistachio bread pudding

I have had the pure pleasure of eating at Corduroy on three separate occasions, each experience has been a spectacular festival of flavors. I love the way they prepare food; they create wonderment. Each food item is scrumptious and memorable. Add to this the impeccable, professional service and that is why Corduroy is my number 1 or 2 favorite place to eat in DC. Corduroy always earns 5 out of 5 stars as a fine dining experience. I highly recommend that you make your next meal out a visit to Corduroy.

Cocktail
Lemongrass cocktails are dangerously delicious, you cannot have just one.

Appetizer
Heirloom tomato salad, with (red and yellow tomatoes) with flavorful basil and a smooth vinaigrette. The best, most tasty tomotoes I've had all year, sweet too.

Crab blintze - jumbo lump crab wrapped in phyllo dough with crisp Chayote Slaw. The blintze is light, tasty pairs well with the slaw.

Main Course
Phenomenal Scallops and grits, with candied onion soubise (like pureed sweet onions): Sweet tender scallops, silky grits, I want onion soubise everything.

Scallops and grits served atop onion soubise

By the way, Corduroy makes very fine coffee. We topped the evening off with coffee and dessert: flourless chocolate cake, which I have had here on a previous visit and it is still my favorite Corduroy dessert. The pistachio bread pudding was very unique. It was done in layers like a cake but with a completely smooth texture, in between the layers were crushed pistachios. Quite enjoyable and a nice change of pace from typical desserts.

I will be dining at Corduroy for Christmas dinner, have not been this excited for Christmas since I was a kid.

The end to a very fine meal.


Chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.