Monday, December 16, 2013

Filet of sole

Just whipped up a very quick meal for a friend. He exclaimed, "The spinach is tasty." He enjoyed the filet of sole too, "The fish is so good the way you prepared it."

Filet of sole with mushrooms, carrots, and rosemary
served w/ sauteed spinach and
cumin flavored brown basmati rice.

Here's the lowdown on my quick 'n' tasty dinner:

Filet of sole (frozen, thawed) was steamed in saute pan with baby bella mushrooms; organic baby carrots; and seasoned with rosemary and garlic powder. I put about 2 TBS of olive oil in the bottom of the pan then added fish and veggies. After 2 minutes, I sprinkled a bit of smoked sea salt (from Cleo's Fine Oil and Vinegar) on the sole then cooked it on very low heat for 3 more minutes The carrots and mushrooms remained firm, which is great. Total cook time 5 minutes.

The Lundberg Farm organic brown basmati rice was already made. I simply scooped out a serving onto the plate and heated it in the microwave but not before I sprinkled a little bit of cumin on the rice. Once that was done I mixed in 1/2 a pat of butter.


The Olivia's fresh organic spinach was cooked last. I put the spinach, for seconds, in the already heated saute pan. The spinach was on the heat just long enough for it to go limp, and for me to toss it around in 1 tsp. of Lebherz Oil & Vinegar Emporium Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar.

Chow!
food chick


~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.