Saturday, December 14, 2013

 I saw the following cooking manifesto in an email I received from food52.com . I do cook but I don't like to cook, therefore, I don't really subscribe to a cooking manifesto but I've my own thoughts on home and hearth, and cooking.


how you eat is how you live


Food52 cooking manifesto

We love spending time in the kitchen, (not me!) and we believe that memorable cooking doesn't have to be complicated or precious. Yes, yes I believe in this.

Because, if you cook:
  • Your family will eat dinner together. - Nope, it's just me.
  • You will naturally have a more sustainable household. - I am easy to sustain.
  • You'll set a lifelong example for your children. - I don't have children...by choice.
  • You'll understand what goes into food and will eat more healthily. - I definitely pay attention to where my food comes from and what's in it. Cooking at home has done this for me. I grocery shop the way I do and eat the way I do for my health.
  • You'll make your home an important place in your life. - My home is already my sanctuary.
  • You'll make others happy. - With my cooking? Not possible. Just kidding. I am a good cook because I am a creative cook. However, I do not like to cook, especially for others. I don't mind making breakfasts.
  • People will remember you. - Not for my cooking they won't.

How you eat is how you live. True. I eat healthily and I live a healthy lifestyle too. The two do go hand in hand.

Chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.