Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Quick 'n' Easy: Eggs scrambled with harissa and other goodies

Hot, spicy foods are my ticket to warmth on cold days. Today I dreamed up this dish: Eggs scrambled with harissa, fresh spinach, mushroom burger, and seasoned with garlic. At the last minute I threw in 2 heaping tablespoons of tri-color quinoa (already cooked).



Let me tell you! It was one of THE tastiest breakfasts I've ever eaten. Spicy, flavorful goodness. You know which food was the most flavorful and that I enjoyed the most in this dish? The spinach. Next time I will add more. After eating this, I feel full but not weighted down.

Ingredients:
  • Eggs - Egglands best (2 large eggs)
  • Harissa - One teaspoon scrambled into eggs. This is not my favorite harissa (not as complex and flavorful as Cava Mezze harissa)
  • Organic baby spinach - add after eggs are cooked.
  • Garlic powder - to season, I added after spinach.
  • MorningStar Farms Mushroom Lover's Burger - 1 burger, cook it then dice or cut up and add to eggs and spinach.
  • Quinoa - I keep cooked quinoa on hand to eat or add to dishes. 



Give this dish a try for breakfast or brunch. Let me know how you like it.

Chow!
food chick


~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.