Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quick 'n' Easy: Super Yummy Salmon Sandwich

Just got in from Baltimore. I was starving. I should have stopped for groceries but I didn't. I just wanted to get home.

Once again I created a very, very delicious lunch for myself based on the ingredients I had on hand:

Bacon, Salmon, Spinach and Mushroom sandwich


- Applewood smoked organic bacon (Wegman's)
- Hot-smoked Sockeye Salmon (Taku)
- Fresh baby spinach (Olivia's Organics)
- Sweet onion
- white mushrooms
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Oatnut bread

The meal took no time to prepare.

Cook bacon in microwave. Slice onions and mushrooms, and sauté in olive oil. Caramelize the onions, add mushrooms when almost done. Toast Oatnut bread in oven under broiler (no butter needed). Now, build your sandwich. I made a mixture of mayo & stone ground mustard condiment to put on one slice of the toast so my sandwich wouldn't be completely dry.

Mmm...mmm...mmm...mmm...GOOD!


Chow!
food chick


~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.