Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sweet Treats at Union Market

Union Market
1309 5th St NE, Washington, DC 20002
Hours: Tues-Fri 11-8, Sat-Sun 8-8
website: http://unionmarketdc.com/

Co Co Sala Artisanal Chocolates

I stop by Co Co Sala to have the beautifully designed, creamy Pistachio Kulfi. It is the perfect thing to top off lunch. There is a lot of flavor in this little 1-inch square treat--the cardamon taste comes through strong right along with the pistachio flavor.

Last week I tried the Chocolate Enrobed Bacon. Yes BACON enrobed in chocolate. Nomnomnomnomnom! Guess what? The bacon is applewood smoked!



Dolcezza Gelato Factory

My newest pleasure when visiting Union Market is the Dolcezza Gelato Factory, right outside of Union Market. Mmmm...their gelato is creamy, fresh, and just good; not icky sweet. Truly refreshing. I have been to Dolcezza three times in less than one month. There may be a slight addiction happening here. Soon I will try something other than the Salted Caramel Gelato but right now I have a serious love affair with that flavor. Visit Dolcezza Factory website for hours of operation.

550 Penn St. NE., Washington, DC
Dolcezza has a gelato stand inside Union Market as well.


Chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.