Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ugh...Allergies!

This is not the day I had planned. It started off well. I made a fresh pot of coffee--doctored up the icky Zeke's coffee with cardamom and nutmeg to create a tasty cup of coffee. Made myself a yummy breakfast with my veggie stash from Homestead Farms.

The delicious, organic veggie sauté consisted of baby bok choy, tender baby turnips, sweet onion and mushroom. My taste buds were thrilled and my tummy full, so I was all set to start my day. I stepped outside and Wham! I was hit full-force with tickled-scratchy throat, burning nasal passages, eyes that wanted to fall shut, headache; and, the onset of itchy skin. No, no...I cannot take another day of this. About face! I turned and went back into the house.

I have spent the last 40 minutes fixing myself. Rinsed off in the shower to remove allergens; flushed eyes with Alcon Tears Naturale Free; performed a rather lengthy nasal rinse; and, gingerly applied hydrogen peroxide drops to my ears. I don't have an ear infection but since the weekend, one of my nagging allergy symptoms has been a "tickle" feeling in my ears to accompany the tickled nasal passages and throat.


Aren't people supposed to grow out of allergies? I grew into mine and the symptoms get worse every year.

Signed,
Hibernating in spring

food chick


~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.