Monday, July 14, 2014

Vietnamese sandwich shop: Banh Mi & Co.

Banh Mi & Co

2057 W. Roscoe St. Chicago, IL 60618 • (773)360-7266
banhmiandco.com



Banh Mi & Co. features Vietnamese sandwiches and soups. According to wikipedia Bánh mì is a Vietnamese term for all kinds of bread.The Roscoe Village location is tiny with two wood tables, each with two chairs, and a walk up counter for ordering. The food is made to order, so you can be seated and your food will be brought to your table. There is also outdoor seating-- sidewalk cafe style. The two ladies working in the shop were happy, friendly, and helpful with answering questions.

The Food

Black Mushroom Vegetarian Soup
Vegetarian stock served with black mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, white and green onion topped with crispy fried onions. Your choice of rice noodles or white rice.

I liked my soup well enough. If there were a Banh Mi & Co. near me I would get this again.


My dining companion had the Pork Rolls Sandwich.
Pork rolls and pate. Served with cucumber, pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro, jalapeno, soy sauce, black pepper and mayo on a fresh baked baguette.

He gives it a 4 out 5 stars, and would order again but not before he tried something else on the menu.


I had a pleasant dining experience at Banh Mi. None of the popular sandwiches appeal to me because they are all meat, mainly pork and a beef and a chicken option. If I had the opportunity I would dine here again to try the spring rolls or some of Bahn Mi's vegan options.

Chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)


Banh Mi & Co on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.