Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Wonder cleaner: best mildew and soap scum remover

Best mildew and soap scum remover ever!

Hey. I just have to share this healthier cleaning tip with you. Healthier because there is no synthetic fragrance, well-- no fragrance at all. Yaay! No harsh chemicals so you don't need to protect you hands/skin or eyes. No need for great ventilation so you don't pass out from the toxic fumes because there are none. Also, no parabens, no animal testing, non-gmo, no SLS, gluten-free, biodegradable, and safe for babies.

What is the wonder bathroom cleaning product? Alaffia Authentic African Black Soap Unscented.


It is billed as an all-in-one soap product but I had only used it a few times on my hair (way too drying--even when diluted, but great if you want to strip product build-up off your hair). I have this 32 FL oz bottle of Alaffia Authentic African Black Soap just sitting around. The packaging reads "Also good as... a general household cleanser." And boy oh boy is it!

My shower tile and bath were looking rather disgusting after a plumbing mishap. There was soap scum build up, and some of the tile grout had darkened due to mold/mildew, and add to that residue from the ick that backed-up from the tub drain. That shower and tub were scary! What to do? I don't have the typical, big name commercial tub and tile cleaners on hand because the fumes overcome me, cause headaches, shortness of breath, and if on my skin would surely cause some sort of dermatological event. *sad face*

I needed to clean this bath. I look down and see the Alaffia Authentic African Black Soap Unscented and gave it a go. Folks! Cleaning the tile and tub was a breeze. No elbow grease needed. Just a good scrub brush and normal pressure and soap scum is gone! Mildew stains disappeared. And you do not need to use a lot of the product. I used about 4 or 5 drops (not quite tablespoon-sized) and got everything clean. The soap goes a long way.

Where to buy
The soap can be found in many stores or on the Alaffia website. I buy mine at My Organic Market aka MOM's organic market.

chow!
food chick

~~:~~
Eat, drink, be merry and validate for parking (TM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me. Thanks.